....Your Library. Delivered!
What is it: Zip Books is a statewide project of the California State Library and Califa. The Project is funded in whole or in part by the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services under the provisions of the Library Services and Technology Act. Zip Books is Administered in California by the State Librarian.
- You can request 1 item at a time, up to 3 a month.
- The cost of the item must be under $35 dollars.
- Must be available in Amazon Prime.
- Must not be in Library circulation
- Must not be paperback
How to use it:
- Fill out the top of the Zip Book request form (Click the Zip Book Link below for a form you can print out). Write the title and author, then mark whether you want Audio, Print or Large Print.
- Hand in completed form to the Del Norte County Library. Once form is processed a Library staff person will call you and let you know when you should expect your book to arrive. Please contact us if you don’t receive your books on the day estimated. Once Amazon delivers the item you have 4 – 6 weeks to read or listen before you have to return it to the Del Norte County Library.
- When you are done with your Zip Book please RETURN it to a staff member at the library. You will then be handed a short survey which allows us to track patron satisfactory level with the program. You can then do another Zip Book Request.