Del Norte Reads
Del Norte Reads is a free library Literacy Program in conjunction with the Del Norte County Library District. We are a grant/donation funded program through the California Library Services and we receive donations and funding through various community partnerships.
Del Norte Reads Office Hours
Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday 9 A.M. - 5 P.M.
Do not hesitate to call us at (707) 464- 7072
Free Services @ Del Norte Reads Learning Center
Del Norte Reads offers numerous free services in our community:
- Computer 101 - Learn basic word processing, online researching, web surfing, shopping online and e-mail. Other topics are available upon request.
- High School Equivalency exam preparation for GED or HiSET
- Literacy - Improve your literacy skills, all levels of tutoring are available.
- Assistance with English as a Second Language
* Basic ESL Resources: Basic ESL improves an individual's listening, speaking, reading, and writing skills through a simple to follow, and instructionally proven curriculum. Students learn English quickly and effectively on relevant topics including: family, home, school, and many other topics. In each lesson students learn key vocabulary and how to use that vocabulary in conversation. No computer experience is necessary.
There are many volunteer positions available through Del Norte Reads. Many volunteers tutor and many help with various activities and others help with office details.
If you're interested in volunteering for Del Norte Reads, contact our Literacy Coordinator, Phoebe Lenhart, at the Del Norte Reads Learning Center at 1080 Mason Mall Suite 9, Crescent City, CA 95531 Telephone: (707) 464-7072.
If you are interested in making a monetary donation to Del Norte Reads, please contact our Literacy Coordinator, Phoebe Lenhart, at Del Norte Reads Learning Center at 1080 Mason Mall Suite 9, Crescent City, CA 95531 Telephone: (707) 464-7072 All donations are tax deductible.