Your first library card at the Del Norte County Library is free to residents of Del Norte County with a permanent local address.
1. Fill out an application at either the Crescent City branch or the Smith River branch. A parent or legal guardian must sign the application for anyone under the age of 14.
2. You must have a valid ID with your photo. You may use a driver's license, ID card or a student ID.
3. Provide proof of your Del Norte County address (a P. O. Box is acceptable, however General Delivery is not accepted). You must have one of the following with your current address:
- Valid California driver's license.
- Valid California ID card.
- Printed checks.
- Rent receipt or utility bill.
- Any mail that you have received with your name and current address.
When you sign a library card application, you are agreeing to return borrowed materials on time and to be responsible for any lost or damaged materials.
If you are a non-resident, you may receive a limited use library card. Please ask the library staff for details.