~Thank you for your donation to the collection of the Del Norte County Library~
We appreciate your donation of new and used books, CDs, videos, DVDs, audio books paperbacks and magazines. The following guidelines apply to donated materials:
- Donations become the property of the library.
- Donations will be evaluated for addition to the collection, subject to the same criteria as all other materials.(Content and formant, condition, number of copies already in the collection, the need to provide a balanced collection in which a variety of subjects and viewpoints are represented, cost of processing, patron interest - these and other considerations may determine whether or not a books is added to the collection).
- Donations which are not added to the collection will be given to the Friends of the Library; they will be offered for sale in their book sales. The proceeds from these book sales come back to the library and are used to purchase new materials.
- Donations which are not appropriate for the collection and not appropriate for the books sales will be discarded.
The following types of materials will not be accepted as donations:
- NO Textbooks older than 2 years
- NO Reader's Digest Condensed books
- NO Encyclopedias
- NO Computer software manuals older than 3 years
- NO National Geographic magazines
- NO Magazines older than 2 years
- NO Outdated atlases, travel books, price lists for collectors, etc.
- NO Materials which are missing pages or parts, mildewed, wet, stained, dirty, spider webbed or in poor condition
Receipts are available and will note the number of items donated.
A determination of the fair market value of the donated materials will be the responsibility of the donor.
How to deliver donated materials
- Donations of 1 or 2 bags (or boxes) of materials are received by library staff at the circulation desk during library open hours.
- For donations larger than 2 bags or 2 boxes, please contact the library prior to delivery at 464-9793.
Please do not leave donated materials on the library front or back porches and don't put donated materials in the outside book drop.